Now, dear gentle people...I have mentioned that I am the cutting queen! I cut out quilts when I can't sleep, and arrange them very neatly in kits, with the pattern and all the pieces and parts... for someday. Someday is here!!! I am working on these, my UFO's this coming year. I am naming these...and sadly, some have been cut out for so long, when I used to not put instructions in each bin, that I have forgotten what in the Sam Hill I was doing with that idea in the first place!! Don't bother to read this list below...it is really just to keep it all real, for me. I bet you recognize some of the kits and works in progress, though!!
- Blue hospital gown star quilt
- 1930's stars
- Red Star-Pam
- Jewel Box
- ????? Sadly, I don't remember what this was to be....
- Bright nine patches and connector squares quilt
- Judy's fall leaf quilt
- ?????????????????Don't remember this one either...I am releasing the fabric back to the stash
- Large Flying Geese quilt
- Pineapple-red and black variation
- Current Quiltville Mystery (this one is first!)
- Paper pieced pineapples
- Scrappy quilt
- Wedding signature quilt (must finish stat!)
- Sandy's quilt as you go
- Judy's bright star quilt
- Rail fence
- Pineapple wool table runner
- Plaids stars (idea from the state fair)
- 5 inch blue stars
- Jewel box (why do I have two of these cut out?)
- Bonnie scrap quilt
- Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
- 1930's nine patch
- Patriotic strings
- Peaches and cream quilt (Judy)
- Quiltville mystery from last year( all blocks made, just need to set them together)
So there it is!! I also have a total of 25 quilt tops, altogether, done and ready to quilt, most with backings and bindings ready.
This may seem like a daunting task, but I can be proud to say...this has been an enormous lot of work, and one of great love for my family to have some quilts to pass on when I am gone. Most of the kits would be fine for anyone else to pick up and start sewing...so not a waste for a quilting group someday if I don't get it all done.
An example of a kitted quilt...all the parts cut out, a sample block, and extra fabric tucked in with the pattern, just in case.
I got another Christmas gift...from Lyn at Bluebird quilts....she made a fabulous handmade quilt and ornament, and apples (they smell terrific), and some fabric for the Dear Jane quilt!
OH YES!! The Dear Jane quilt is on the list too for this year!! I really want to make some real progress on this one!!
So....how is that for real...real enough for you?
Have a great day,