And with all this strip cutting, I had some strips that were 1 inch wide, which I would normally put in the string container. I decided to make a tiny log cabin quilt, with red centers for the heart (fire) of the cabin...each log finishes at 1/2 inch. I hand quilted this on the plane...which I just love to have a little project to take along.
We had to go and do a pick up for my husband, so we decided to ask the kids to come along and have a weekend vacation! This was just great fun...we did so many things in such a short amount of time! Some highlights were:
- Flying on American airlines, without too many delays.
- Staying at a really nice place...comfy!
- Breakfasts at Cracker Barrel! Down home country cooking...gained a little around the middle there...
- A cruise down the Cumberland river, on the General Jackson boat, with a wonderful fiddle player and band for entertainment...raining, but we went out on deck anyway and enjoyed this huge river!
- We went to see the Rockettes at the Grand Ole Opry! My parents had talked about this place for years and years...what a treat to go and see them...all those legs! And every one of theme in perfect time!! And a beautiful live nativity, with real camels (my fave).
- We went to the Gaylord Texan and saw the ICE sculptures..."Santa Claus is Coming to Town!" And such a gorgeous nativity, all carved out of tons of ice!
- Then on to Mammoth Cave! By this time, it was snowing pretty hard and in the teens for temperatures, so our tour was cut a little short...but the cave was amazing! Lots of history there, and such a natural wonder...loved this!
- Then...we went to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky! My husband loved this a lot! It was such great fun
- Then back home, in a whirlwind! Pretty busy weekend, huh???
Have a great day, all!!