Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby quilt almost done

Hi all! I have had a productive day, if not on the housekeeping front. I really needed to complete this little baby quilt for a co-worker...it seems at any one time, several of the girls are expecting, and the one that is due soonest is a little boy. Hope this is OK!I quilted it myself on my little Brother machine, and still need to hand-stitch the binding. The girl I am making it for wanted pastel blues...so this is what she got! All the pastel blues I own! The fabric is interesting; it was given to me as some samplers from the fabric warehouses. We have fabric warehouses in the metroplex, and they are simply dangerous to go in to...dangerous for the pocketbook that is!!I think that when this little quilt is washed and dried, it will scrunch up and be fine for a baby boy.

This is my package, minus bows, to go to my Secret Santa Swap partner! I hope she loves it as much as I do...
I went to vote very early this am. We use old fashioned paper ballots. Hope you all got the chance to go too!! I got sheets changed, mirrors and microwave polished, laundry done...will work on dusting, that is my least favorite.
Hope you all have had a most wonderful day!!
JulieK

10 comments:

Paula said...

Very cute little quilt. I'm sure the mom and the baby will love it.

Unknown said...

I am sure she will love the quilt! You did a terrific job. I did many of the things that you did today too. So I guess I had a productive day too!

Sue H said...

Oh, this is a very sweet quilt. Mom and baby will both be very pleased, I should think!

Kristie said...

Love the quilt! I had a nephew just born yesterday and I still need to quilt his quilt!!! :( I really hope to get it done this weekend, I just keep putting it off.
Kristie

Amelia said...

It will keep baby all warm and snuggily...Mother will be pleased too.

Sounds like you have been busy with the housework among all the other things going on in your world.

Libby said...

Looks like a perfect baby boy quilt *s*
We use paper ballots now, too. Feels more like a test as I fill in the bubbles . . . I miss those punch ballots *s*

Karen said...

I think your co-worker's baby boy is a very lucky little man. I'm sure his mom will love your choice of blues;)

Darcie said...

The new little guy will be very lucky to arrive in this quilted world! Your quilt is perfect!

Hope you're all finished with housework and can enjoy the finer things in life!

Nan said...

What a sweet quilt for a baby boy. The fabrics are lovely - you do such nice work.

Melanie said...

Sweet quilt-- Bet Mom wants to save it as much as babyboy wants to use it!! Classic Pattern is a keeper.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...