Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy Autumn!! or the fourth of July???





Hi all! I just can't believe that THANKSGIVING is nearly here!! It is such nice weather here, just mild and so nice for long walks...or just a walk to the car!!(haha)


Our little dog Rusty is pretty darn old, 14 to be exact, and his birthday is on Halloween. On this day, he, being nearly deaf and blind, just couldn't figure out what all the commotion was about when we answered the door for trick-or-treaters. On other years, he would have been jumping out the door to love the children to death!! Good thing we aren't aging a bit................GRIN!!

Ok, ready to see some quilts?? Well, since the pictures are on top I guess you already have!!Maybe someday I will learn how to make my blog a little prettier...


The first one is a little kitty quilt wall hanging I made. I quilted it from the back, using the star printed backing fabric as my quilting guide. It took exactly forever to finish!! but I got so much pleasure from the effort! It hung in our hall for years, but all my wall quilts are down now. Maybe a "just quilts" wall someday!! The walls need painting first!!


The next one is a little heartie quilt, red, white and blue. Told you I make a lot of heartie quilts. It was made when I was feeling very sad about our young soldiers in Iraq, and it is to honor them. I just pray for all those young kid's safety!! They are someone's babies. The next red, white and blue one is the 1/2 square triangles leftover from my table runner project. Just got caught up in the snibbles!!

The green quilt top in progress is one I am doing to use up the stash!!! I am just adding pieces as I go willy-nilly. Fun!!! It is funny to think I have made three green quilts, and green is not my favorite color. Pink is my mostest favoritest color! and I have not made a quilt from all pink for our bed. So go figure that one out!!


I love the gratitudes that many of you share, and I would like to share mine. I am grateful for my wonderful son, my wonderful husband, and all the blessings we take for granted each day. I hope you have a wonderful day and a peaceful night.


Quiltingly yours, JulieQ

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow! I am impressed with all your quilts. Very nice.

KC Quilter said...

Ohmigosh, what great quilts!!! I especially love that kitty one.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...