Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Making progress!

Allrighty, then!!!  (That is a word, right?)  I finished all of these blocks, for my quilt of valor that has been going on for a lot of last year.  Hurrah!  I just need to sew the row together, so I am counting it as great progress.





The Daybreak quilt is a top!  I had no border, and found a purple at Joann's,  and someone will love this purplish quilt.  So there!



My favorite!  Pink kitties!!  This will also go to the patient/chemo quilt ladies.  I love it!  I saw one with brown, gray and black kitties...hmmmm.  Must do that one!



Trimmings from cutting up fabric become these little potholders.  Waste not, want not, right?



Onward!!!



Julie

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That purple border makes that quilt 'sing'. That was a great choice of material. Thanks for sharing.

Janet O. said...

That is very great progress on your QOV!
Oh, I do like what the purple border does for Daybreak. Very pretty!
Cute, cute kitties. I think if you do another one as you mentioned, you may need some orange tabby kitties in the mix. I can help you with that. :)
Your potholders are such a fun and useful way to repurpose tiny scraps.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The purple border does make the rest of the quilt “pop!” The RWB blocks will make a gorgeous Quilt of Valor.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The purple border looks great!

Kyle said...

Fabulous pattern for your QOV. And the purple was a good choice for the border. Great progress!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Of course thats a word... and I hear it in Jim Carreys voice haha!
What great projects you have moving a long there!!! I love them all!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...