Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Mystery quilt, step four finished



Good morning!  Above are my mystery quilt clues.  I am caught up!  Hurrah!!  You can find the mystery here, and all the clues are available, but will not be free forever.


Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Chilhowie Mystery!




I finished hand binding this quilt.  It is very, very heavy, as the machine quilter chose to put minky on the back and save my backing for a later quilt. She asked me if I trusted her, and I said yes.  So, I have a very different quilt, and I really like it.   IT IS HEAVY!  Like a weighted quilt.  It reminds me of the quilts we used as a child, which were so heavy that it made it hard to get out of bed.  It was hard to bind, because of the bulk of the minky fabric, which is a very soft, thick, fur type fabric.  



I finished this binding as well.  I am so glad to get these accomplished and in the books!  This quilt is a chemo quilt.




I used another fabric for the binding...using what I have.




 I finished the hand quilting on this little quilt.  I adore it...because it is plaid, LOL!



Have a lovely day, each of you!  I work on the holiday, so Merry Christmas to you! Our hospital is overrun with covid, flu and RSV, like every other hospital in America.   Maybe I can be off Christmas Day if our unit stays closed???  Haha!  Likely story!



Julie

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I remember sleeping under heavy quilts, and I still enjoy having a weighty quilt on my bed.

Loris said...

Lovely progress on the mystery and beautiful finishes! Merry Christmas to you even as you bring cheer to those patients. And have a blessed Advent! Hugs to you!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are doing amazing keeping up with the mystery clues!
Your newly finished quilt is maybe like those weighted blankets that they sell now... only it's pretty!
Same here in Canada with the RSV, covid, and influenza... it's a hot mess in the hospital and we all just want to stay out of there!!

Kyle said...

You're meeting lots of deadlines before the end of the year. All lovely. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Janet O. said...

Congrats on keeping up with the mystery! I don't know how you do it.
Your newly bound quilt is a beauty. Sounds tricky to bind with the Minky on the back. I'd never considered that.
Good job finishing up your quilt for a chemo patient. You do so much for others!
The little plaid quilt is adorable. :)
Oh, I hope you can stay well at your work. And I know that you will make Christmas more pleasant for your patients, even though you may not wish to be working.

Shepherdess55 said...

Merry Christmas!
Wishing you all the best in 2023.

Lori said...

Merry Christmas to you nurse Julie!
Love your quilts! I've never used minky but it sure is soft.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...