Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A few birdies!!

Orange is the color of the month at So Scrappy...so here are some orange birdies!  Just an experiment...they are fun to make and quite easy.  I don't know who made up the pattern, as I just saw a picture on Pinterest, and I could not find a source.  So if this is your birdie pattern...thank you, it is darn cute!!  I think I will make some facing the opposite way, too.  I think all birds are sort of lifeless without their eyes shining, but those will be added after quilting, I think.

I am linking with a few people!!  Should be fun to see what everyone is doing!!




Linking Up:

Freemotion by the River (Linky Tuesday)

Em's Scrap bag:  moving it forward!


I tried to link to lots of blogs, but some links were closed, and I am not savvy enough to link to some...so!!!  I will try again!!


Julie



16 comments:

Northern Deb said...

Love your birds. And it's nice to hear that someone else has as much trouble as I do linking to blogs🤔😩

Libby in TN said...

Cute birds. I like the way each ones legs are a bit askew.

Barb said...

cute birdies

Sherrill said...

Love them..I bought the pattern some time back but have not made even one little bird! Ugh

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie those birds are so cute,well done xx

Binsa said...

Love the birdies Julie

els said...

This is going to be such an adorable quilt!

Loris said...

These are especially cute in orange! Love them :-) or should I say =^..^= HA!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ahh there is my orange birds and I don't even have to sew them!!!!
I know I have not done any orange work this month yet--but--
I did get my sewing table reset up and ready to sew--
Irma took alot of days out of this month for me--about 2 weeks worth--
and now I have to keep a close eye on Maria--
cute birds--good job picking the colors--
enjoy the moments, di

Lori said...

What sweet bird blocks! You have been so busy sewing wonderful projects! I'm trying to get caught up on my blog reading.

Janet O. said...

Very cute little birdies. Interesting how just changing the leg positions changes the whole personality of each bird. That will be a really fun RSC project!

Kyle said...

Your birdies are so tweet:0)

Miaismine said...

Great idea! Love that block - I have a friend who is a bird lover....perhaps a project with this block is headed her way! Thank you for sharing!

audrey said...

These are so sweet! I think Lynn over at http://patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com/ might be the originator of these birds. They look very similar! She has a whole methodology about how she does the color decisions with them.

julieQ said...

Thank you dear Audrey...I will check out Lynn's blog!

Karen said...

I like how you changed the leg positions on the bird blocks. And I think it would be a good idea to have some birds facing the opposite direction.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...