Monday, April 10, 2017

Rain Forest quilt progress

 I have all the blocks sewn that I am going to sew for this one, because this is all the fabric I have of these colors, of batiks.  Maybe the greens are forest leaves and fern fronds...maybe the earth tones are just that, earth! And maybe the blue is water in a rain forest!!!  I would love to see a rain forest someday and find out if these colors are true.
This is an old quilt.  I love it!  Scraps...scrap X, free on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site.  I have so many plans to make more, more, more quilts using this pattern...it is super fun!!!




I vacuumed, swept and mopped, changed linens and towels, generally picked up, did laundry, and tried to get my car inspected.  It failed!  I looked under the engine compartment and a hose was loose on the air intake....darn.  I need to get the inspection done again...sigh....



Hope you are having a great day!!


Julie

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

Rain Forest is a great name for this quilt in those soothing colors!
My goodness, you are amazing in the number of scrap quilts you have created. You may even rival Bonnie Hunter! : )

Leeanne said...

I agree that is the perfect name for the first quilt!

gayle said...

I agree, too - Rain Forest is a great name! Love your scrappy strings, too!

Tired Teacher said...

Rain Forest gives a calm and reassuring vibe, and I love it!

Sherrill said...

WOW!!!! You cleaned the house AND finished up a quilt? Superwoman! Love the new top and the colors.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love both quilts--you did a great job on them--
one of the reasons I don't have a car--is you just could not keep one up to par!!!
but I miss having my own wheels--alot!!!
I could use some help on the cleaning house project--that seems to be on hold--
as some quilting projects have demanded my attention--
enjoy the moments, di

Randy D. said...

Love those quilts. Do you need more batiks? I might have some...hehehe... not sewing with them these days and happy to share!

Cleaning? Way over-rated.

Hope you get the inspection taken care of. Got to have the cars running!!
xxxs

Barb said...

Love the RAin Forest.....both quilts are really wonderful

Kyle said...

Perfect name, Rain Forest. It has a quiet soothing look. Sorry about your car, but at least you have a quilt done and a clean house.

Terry said...

Your rain forest quilt is so beautiful! I love those colors too but they remind me of the beach...the blue and green of the water and the tan color of the sand. :0)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your quilts are so colorful and vibrant, full of life. I have done several of Bonnie's Scrap X quilts and, somehow, it never seems to make a dent in my strip bin! Ha!! I suppose it's time to make a few more. Happy Easter!

Teresa said...

I like that first quilt especially. You have probably said before the name of the pattern, but would you mind telling me again. Thanks!

Binsa said...

AAhhh Julie, you are the most productive quilter I know....loved seeing your projects

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...