Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Chuggin' along!!

 These basket blocks are 4 inch finished size, and I have been making them for a long time. Someday?  Maybe I will have enough for a quilt!!!  I still have to applique the basket handles down.  Good road trip sewing!
 Every day, I make these plaid stars...just love the scrappiness of them!
 I might have accidentally started a new quilt...merely by chance...SNORT!!!  Karen, from the Log Cabin quilter, asked how many strips/scraps did I have, so that got me to thinking about what I do  have and how I can use them up.  I sorted all the strips into colors.  I am not sure this is right thing to do, as I love the chaos of just picking up any color and using it in my string quilts...but here are the lime green ones.  I really don't have too many of these, but will make blocks until they are all used up.
 Pictures are out of order, but here are the baskets blocks, closer up.
 Pat Sloan is having a quilt along...several, actually.  Here is my first of her Solstice quilt along.  There are lots of fun blocks there!!
 Lisa Bongean is having a 1/2 square triangle quilt along!!  I thought maybe I could use my solid fabrics...I have a shoe box full of those, and this will use them up, I think, maybe!  Here is my first block.  Each block is made of 16 half square triangles.
 And this fun woolie block is a  new quilt along too!!  The instructions said to make the block 5 inch finished, but I think I will make them 6 inch finished and add them to my previous wool blocks.  Just depends on what the additional blocks look like.  I still have to stitch this one down and add the embroidery.
Every day, I make a handful of these bow tie blocks, too.  These are 2 inch finished. Using up my scraps here; I just love these little baby blocks!!  I have approximated a zillion made, and a zillion to go!!



So I might have "accidentally" started a lot of new quilts!  Mixing new ideas in with the old is fun, and keeps it all fresh and lively.  Hope your day is wonderful today!!!


Julie K.

16 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh--what lovely blocks--and I love your basket quilt and how it is coming along--
and please tell me if the little wool (the Lamb block) is on online stitch along--
I love wool projects (not to mention I love lamb's)
thanks-
enjoy the moments, di

Lorraine said...

I love all of your scrappy blocks. It is just so much fun to combine fabrics, past and present, and make blocks. One day you will have enough blocks for many quilts!

Rebecca in AK said...

Oh my Julie! You have so many wonderful projects. I especially love, love your baskets and your itty bitty bow tie blocks!

Julierose said...

oh I "accidently" start many projects --am really trying to concentrate on my //ufo's --some from the 80's :0000 yikes. Two hexagon projects in the works and my old pansy "sew n'flip"
one...it's hard when you visit bloggers and see all their wonderful "new" projects coming along...but I am determined...(I [gulp] think lol)
hugs, Julierose

Marsha B said...

Your blocks are all wonderful. The little baskets and bowties are so cute. I love the woolie lambs. I would love to know where you found the lamb one, is it online? If so, where can I find it? Keep up the great work. You are doing well with all the fun projects!

Tired Teacher said...

The lime green strip blocks are saying, "pinwheels" to me or possibly star points.

Sherrill said...

OK, I'm going to have to stay away from your blog!! First, I feel like a total slug and 2nd, you show too much tempting stuff. Really gets me in trouble so you need to stop! LOL

Missy Shay said...

You have a lot of quilty fun going on!

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - you have a lot going on! Love those little sheep - not sure I've seen that one anywhere in social media. Or maybe I have, and just cant' keep track - that's always a possibility! Will we see you at the Dallas quilt show? Can't believe it's almost here!

Lori said...

Oh my gracious! You are a busy quilter with lots of lovely projects!

Kyle said...

You have probably never "chugged" along your whole life. You're more of a zip, zap, pow kind of gal! Love everything you have accidentally started!

jude's page said...

Love all your achievements, puts me to shame, I have so many PHD's I need to get to.

Barb said...

That's my favorite little basket block. Wee - so many of them. They look amazing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

All those little bitty blocks. Now you know why I make most of my blocks much bigger.

gayle said...

What, like accidentally starting new quilts isn't normal? What's up with that?
8)

Debby Dodds said...

Wow - all I can say is Wow! What wonderful accidents you are having!! And I'm so impressed with how you are able to keep them all organized for photos..... Add my inquiry to the list of folks wanting to know more about those little sheep. Thanks for the inspiration you provide.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...