Saturday, March 26, 2016

Tumalo Trails start!


 I have started this quilt too!!  Tumalo Trails, another Bonnie Hunter quilt!  I have all the 1/2 square triangles sewn, and all the sections of the nine patches sewn.  It will be quick progress from here on out.  The reason this quilt came about is because...I had all the 3.5 inch strip bin out.  It was quick to cut all I needed for this quilt, as I was cutting for the previous quilt.  Do you cut multiple quilts out, sometimes, together too?
 Lovely flowers, a treasure!  Thank you, DH!!!
A lovely orchid too...This one is so different...I do not have one like this!!  Smells heavenly, too.  These were for Easter, and I love them.




Happy Easter to all!!


Julie

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

I really like Tumalo Trails.
No, I am lucky to get one quilt cut out at a time. Don't recall that I have done two--except maybe in mini size. : )
Beautiful flowers. Sweet of your hubby. That is a gorgeous orchid. I only have two, but neither one has a scent. I need to look for that kind!
Happy Easter to you, Julie!

Leeanne said...

Oh like, me likey!! That will be in one of Bonnie's books right??

Binsa said...

Hello Julie, lovely basket of flowers and love your new orchid.Happy Easter to you Julie and your loved ones. Regards Lyn

Chantal said...

Love Tumelo Trails as it is full of 9 patch. :^D You're on a great start. Your colours look bright and sunny. Beautiful! I don't cut the pieces for two quilts at once as I don't like the cutting process. I usually don't even cut the entire quilt before starting to piece it lol. Have a great Easter Sunday! ♥ ;^)

Tired Teacher said...

I try to cut scraps into useable sizes when I finish a project. The bins with the pre-cut scraps save me time later.

Lori said...

I've always loved Tumalo Trail. Bonnie was sewing in central Oregon on it and Tumalo is the name of a town near me! Cute start!!!

Pattypiecer said...

Love that pattern, it was an UFO in my closet for a few years, I finished it last fall. One of my favorites and I am sure you will be stunning with those colors you have chosen

Terrie Sandelin said...

I love the way the Tumalo Trail just looks like such a classic quilt! I love the bright scrappy look you have going with it.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilt--always so nice to be able to pull things together from your stash. Beautiful flowers

Barb said...

great start and pretty flowers - Happy Belated Easter.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...