Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year is coming!


 Happy New Year's Eve...or Happy New Year, depending on where you are!  I have been working on more applique flower blocks.  These are all prepped and ready to go.
Above are my blocks for the next clue in the Quiltville Mystery quilt.  Looks a little halloweenish, don't you think?  But I am loving the plaids!!  Just 116 more of these babies to go! I have a few more four patches, and then this step to go, then I will be caught up.  Please see Bonnie's post here to see what colors and progress other quilters are up to!


Just thinking about the New Year...what exactly do I want to do?  I definitely want to work on UFO's, and have several ready to go, picked out and ready to stitch.  I also want to incorporate more applique in my quilting.  So I am thinking of what to do along that line, but first, I am going to finish the applique flower blocks above.  Only about 12 more to go!!  I also want to do some tutorials...maybe I can share some of my shortcuts, if anyone would be interested...


I wish each of you a marvelous, fun, quilting filled New Year!


Julie

19 comments:

Terry said...

Happy New Year Julie! :0)

Ali Honey said...

Wishing you a happy New Year too ! May you achieve many things in 2014.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the plaids!
Happy New Year!
Looking forward to anything you have to share with us!
I even read some of your nurse's notes to my sister (a nurse) over the holidays. She hopes to meet "a real live Julie" at her job someday!

Janet O. said...

I, for one, am loving the Halloween colored plaids!
I would also be very interested in shortcuts! Bring 'em on!! : )

Carol said...

Any tutorials would be wonderful. As I began reading this post, I wondered how you actually "prepped" your appliqué blocks. Exactly what does that involve? And I love all the plaids you use. Always a good choice to me!

Leeanne said...

Your mystery is looking fab! Similar to the fabrics I used in last years mystery I did of Bonnies.....one I never finished!
happy 2014, your posts are always inspiring!

Mad about Craft said...

Happy New Year!

Binsa said...

Hapy New Year Julie, enjoyed seeing your progress...Hugs Lyn

Ruth said...

Yes, I would be interested in your shortcuts! Definitely. Your appliqué flowers are so cute!

joe tulips said...

They look Thanksgivingish. I am loving your plaids in the mystery too!

Nancy said...

Any tips and tricks would be very helpful, so please do prepare some tutorials.

I love all the blocks and quilts that you make, especially those with plaids.

Happy New Year to you.

Lilac Joan said...

I am always interested in your post. Just wish you posted more often, but I understand that you have may jobs and post as often as you can. (I don't post at all!) Although I'm not a nurse I really enjoy your nurse's post too.

Kate said...

Love your plaids! Very fun!

Lois Arnold said...

Happy News Year, Julie! Your CS blocks will be stunning when combined with the other units!

Loris said...

Happee New Year! Love the plaids and would love to see some of your shortcuts. Hope to sew up some UFO's and some planned projects this year. And shop from my stash!

Mary Ann said...

Me, I want to finish all the quilt tops I have waiting- 7 or 8. Sometimes I wish I had a local long armer...I did pick a word last night. Hope- the small flame in the darkness. I think because I hope I can finish something this year! Have a great 2014! Mary Ann

Kyle said...

Happy New Year to you!

Linda O said...

Your little flowers are so wonderful, and your plaids are going to look great in the mystery! I'd love to see your shortcuts and tutorials!!

Karen said...

The flower blocks make me smile. I like!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...