Friday, December 7, 2012

"Easy Street" Mystery progress!

Well, I am caught up with the Quiltville mystery quilt "Easy Street"...almost caught up that is!!  I still have to press most of the gray four patches.  I anticipate this box to be full of pieces and parts before we are done!!  I really had to dig for purples...and the teal?  Is one batik I found...in deep stash.  I love that term...really applies to this piece, too!! I am going to use pinks instead of green...so my quilt will look a little different.  This quilt will be bright and cheerful, and somehow reminds me of the beach.  Many thanks to Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for making this fun mystery quilt available to everyone!




Have a great day, all!!!

Julie

8 comments:

KaHolly said...

Your quilts are always bright and cheerful, Julie!! There's no doubt this one will be just a beautiful. So glad to see you partipating and can't wait to see it progress!

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks great! I love when people pick different colours and change it up a bit!

Mary said...

Love the colors choices! Dang, you caught up lightning fast! Way to go!

AnnieO said...

Wow, you are working fast! It will be very pretty.

Grit said...

Looks great.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

I am also not using the green with the teal and purple..and am using fuscia/pink too. Your blocks really look great!

Linda O said...

How'd you catch up so fast?!?! I'm plugging along but not up with the pack. I need your secrets!

Tspoon said...

This will be my first mystery to participate in, but this one appeals to me, so glad to see you are too.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...