Saturday, July 31, 2010

Joyful Exchange!!!! Nine patch Celebration!!

Joyful! We finally have a "head count" about how many nine patches of each size to make...some ladies had to drop due to life situations, ( I so appreciate you all letting me know early...thanks) and others added...so here goes!! You can grab the blog button displayed above from my side bar if you want to and put it on your blog.


If you signed up for 3 inch finished nine patches:

25 people signed up.......so make 50 nine patches to make 2 for each participant. You are making FIFTY 3 inch finished nine patches of this size.

If you signed up for 6 inch finished nine patches:

39 people signed up.....so make 78 nine patches, to make 2 for each participant. You are making SEVENTY EIGHT 6 inch finished patches of this size.


If you signed up for both...make both batches!! Have fun...I sure am! What a wonderful way to get to know people...for the people with blogs, I am going to list links to your blogs on the side. For those ladies with no blogs, I am listing your names. Thank each and every one of you for signing up...please let me know if you do not see your name...I am so far from perfect...I could have missed it and you are important!


Remember, these are scrappy...two colors...just be careful to get them the right size so it all fits together.(note to self)! LOL!

I find that if I do a little at a time, I do not get overwhelmed...and starting early is a great idea. In fact...there are prizes (fabric yummyness) to the first people ( 3 inch only, 6 inch only, and both) who turn in their nine patches! Stay tuned...other prizes too as we go along.

Just an idea....I am so excited! I am infusing each piece and strip of fabric I cut...each stitch and hum of my machine...with JOY!! This is great fun to me...how about y'all putting on some fun music, or a favorite TV show...have a great time...maybe dance a little! Boogy just a little bit! Such exuberant fun will infuse our nine patches...and as they fly out all over the world, we can spread a little JOY to our friends!!!

Speaking of all over the world...we have swappers from the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, the USA, France, Britain...and I am sure more than that! cool, huh??


I am sending this out in an e-mail to each of you too. I did not ever hear from Julie S...or Cindy (number 2)...please you two, please let me know your e-mail addresses stat! We have a couple local hospital swappers too...


Have a wonderful day!


Julie

19 comments:

Pat said...

Your work is most beautiful, my dear friend. Thank you for sharing!
Happy Quilting!

A Garden of Threads said...

Ok, I am ready to go. Thanks for hosting the swap. Take care.

Darlene said...

WooHoo! I'm ready to go, too. Thank you so much, Julie for hosting this swap. :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

all good here got your email and ready nearly to start making the blocks.........and my links works fine on your sidebar.............thanks for hosting and I hope everyone swaps well for you..........

Carol said...

Julie what type fabrics do we use? Civil War or just whatever?

Elyte said...

Thanks Julie, I got your email and am ready to go.

luv2quilt2 said...

I'm so ready for this! I'm just kind of stuck on other projects, and it will be nice to work on something else for awhile.

Kaaren said...

Got all the info written out and now I just gotta get to it!

Thanks for doing this, Julie. I think it'll be a blast.

Carol said...

I'm ready to go...thanks so much Julie...this is going to be great fun!

Shelia said...

Julie,
I hate I missed this swap. What a wonderful group that came together. I'm just catching up after working 70 hours/week for the past 2 weeks and my friend passing. Looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful blocks!

Mad about Craft said...

This is my first block swap so I very excited!

AnnieO said...

Glad to be among the swappers. I need to get myself organized in the next week to get going! Luckily I just bought a batch of fresh rotary blades :)

Stephanie D said...

This is going to be fun to watch! Can't wait!

pecasatwo said...

I am so ready to get started! Got my fabrics last week and am ready to start cutting and then waiting by the mailbox for the return envelope! This is my first CWR quilt so I am looking forward to lots of fabrics!

Barb said...

It's going to be soo fun! thanks for organizing such a fun exchange -

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Hope you will get the ladies to share some of their finished projects using the 9 patches. And love the quilt in the header...

Christy said...

Well Darn! I always seem to find out about these sign ups AFTER they have started! :( Let me know if someone drops mid-way....I'll be happy to jump in :)

SubeeSews said...

Is it too late to sign up for both sizes?????
Subee
http://www.subeesews.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Julie, I never received this back in an email after I sent you my email address. When are these do back to you? I will be ready to send soon, but don't have the directions on how these are to be mail and postage etc... Oh and your snail mail address.
Diane Fink

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...