Thursday, January 15, 2009

I have been working loads of hours before the holiday, then Christmas happened, then back to work...and at last I had three blessed days where I could just relax and sew! Above, I put the borders on this little primitive wall hanging above, it will be hand quilted. Not so crooked as it seems while laying on the "design floor".

I got the borders on the scrappy Bargello! This is from a year ago...at last it is in one piece. All the fabric is out of the stash, no new fabric. I love looking at all the fabrics, it is a pretty good representation of what fabrics I have.


Above is the whole thing...I like it! It is square and flat.




I really like this little Christmas angel, I just hate to put her away, so she will stay out for a while. Just ignore the wrong date on the photos, I will have to figure out how to change it!




Above is Bonnie's mystery quilt, step one. I had one piece of cheddar to choose from and it was not enough, but I had a large piece of pink. So my cheddar is pink! I love it...hope it turns out as well as Bonnie's quilt.




Strings? Of course you do not see any, it must be a figment of your imagination. A little quilt made up of leftover 9 patches, ready to have the binding hand sewn down (and all those threads clipped!)







I don't do everything that Bonnie does (couldn't prove it by this post, though...) Anyway! She made some blocks recently, and they intrigued me. Above are some blocks I made strictly out of the two inch strip box. I love these so much, something is very satisfying about using little pieces and making something new.









A little baby quilt...for a girl of course. Machine quilting is done and it just needs the binding sewn down. For a co-worker at work. I have 2 more to do! The baby quilts are just killing me, we have so many girls pregnant or trying to be soon.
Thank you for sharing your work with me, I love to look at it all. Lots of pictures this time for me, and I am so glad to have gotten some quilty time...
Have a wonderful day!!
JulieK






28 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I have one of those, a design floor... LOL!! Even though you worked so much, in those 3 days you certainly got a lot accomplished and I love them all!

Teresa said...

Lots of pretties to ponder over and admire. You sure have been productive. Great job!

Amelia said...

Such beauties - all of them...especailly the pink and white one!

Pat said...

WOW...you have gotten a LOT accomplished. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love to look at the completed projects of my online quilting pals!

Chookyblue...... said...

you have got some sewing done ........all lovely and different.....

Libby said...

I'm a design floor girl, too . . . . the designing isn't so bad, but I sometimes struggle with photography *s* Your primitive wall hanging is wonderful.

Pat said...

You have been busy Julie. They are all beautiful.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy! I love all your quilts pictured, they're great; but your scrappy bargello, and those blocks from two inch strips are fantastic! Well done!! I know all about trying to keep up w/ baby quilts, it's a never-ending proposition!

Karen said...

You have been a very busy girl! I like everything I see in this post. I am not familiar with the mystery quilt you are working on. I will be watching to see how it turns out.

*karendianne. said...

Julie, those 2" blocks are fantastical magical! Love 'em.

For that matter, it's like Candy Land around here. So nice to see the bargello! Wow. Love the little nine patches. They looks so cute and Julie, okay - this cracked me up: Design Floor!

Joy and Hilarity Love, *karendianne.

Andrea said...

What gorgeous stuff you have on the go. I must say I was tempted to try some of those Bonnie blocks but have resisted until my DD is a top.

Darcie said...

Julie Julie Julie. You're such an inspiration...always accomplishing so much in a short time! I'm amazed!

Cheddar never looked so good! ;-)

Your little angel looks like she's carrying Valentines, perhaps? I give her permission to stay out at least until Valentines Day.

Design walls are so over-rated, aren't they! ;-)

Julia said...

Wow, you have been a very busy and productive girl! I love the pink in your mystery quilt! I think it is going to be very pretty. I love Bonnie's inspiration in using scraps. I have just spent the morning getting my scraps organized. These are intriguing blocks. Amazing that you can take something so tiny and put lots of them together to create something to be loved and treasured by someone. I love this hobby!! :~)

Quilts And Pieces said...

WOW! I"m loving it all! What fun! I have stuff on walls, floors, tables - you name it!

Cheryl said...

WOWIE!!!! Each and every project wonderful. Love that scrappy Bargello. My MoJo has taken a little break so I am hoping that you will be of some inspiration to me!!!

Cathi said...

Oooh, I love that baby quilt. And the bargello and the applique and ...

Really pretty quilts -- you're incredibly productive!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I love the quilts you have just posted. Especially the DD. I am still on part one...have to square up the blocks, before going on.

Misty said...

The baby quilt is so sweet. I love the way you designed it--simple and beautiful!

The colors you chose for the mystery quilt look great--I am sure your quilt will turn out to be lovely.

Finn said...

Hi Julie, all your many projects look so good! You are just tearing up the power grid with all that sewing! Things must be smokin' at your house *VBS*
The little quilts are wonderful and I love your Scrappy Bargello.
You're really into scrapper territory with those "Bonnie" blocks, and yes, it is sooo satifying to make something new from the bits and pieces. I think you've got! Big hugs, Finnie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Julie, love all the pics of your productivness over the last few days.Baby quilt, is so pretty.Love your Angel, I think I would keep her out all year round.Warm Regards Lyn

Penny said...

Love all your quilts! They are amazing. Thank you again for your sweet emails too.

meggie said...

Such lovely projects you have going on here! Love them all.

Carole said...

WOW! You've been busy! Lovely projects you have going on!

starrynightquilter said...

Your Scrappy Bargello looks great!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

YankeeQuilter said...

Really like your fabric choice for the mystery quilt! And your bargello is wonderful...

Lucy said...

Hi Julie,
I'm impressed by your applique and your little blue mini! Lovely

antique quilter said...

YOu have accomplished so much , I just love them all of course!
The new applique by Gwen Marston I have been wanting to do too!
one of these days ...
can't wait to see how you quilt it.
love the baby star quilt too and the....
you get the idea!
great job, yes the floor has to be a design wall too some days.
Kathie

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...