Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yahoo!

Wow, I have at last gotten some things finished, or good progress made at least! Above are my edge pieces for the Orange Crush Mystery Quilt.
And here are my twirling, swirling stars...

And here are my album blocks! Wow, a lot of work, because I did most of it today. Now, (to those quilters who are doing this quilt), are we setting them all together, or with any other blocks inbetween? Can I hurry and get ahead and set them together? I guess I will have to wait and see the next steps in the mystery.



This little quilt is a baby quilt for a friend at work's baby...machine done all of it and I am glad to have it done!


I finished this little postcard quilt...wrong season, I know, but it was started last fall! So I am glad it is done too.





And my favorite...a little heart quilt, hand quilted and appliqued, except for the fancy machine quilting along the little block edges. Fun!




This quilt went to college with our son. I made it about 5 years ago. It has appliqued borders.






Also, this one is our son's as well. I made three of this pattern, just alike: one red, one blue, and one pink.







This is my son's graduation quilt, quilted by Darcie! I love it...
So how is that for a lot of pictures and progress! Hope everyone had a marvelous holiday this weekend...
JulieK








23 comments:

Unknown said...

Great quilts Julie, love the little heart quilt and that blue star is a real stunner, and, and, and!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful quilts.......your son is very lucky.........

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Pictures and progress galore! You're prolific, well done each and every one.

SuBee said...

Whoo-hooo! What a fun post today! That 9 patch/hourglass is terrific - great job!

~Bren~ said...

Great pictures and great progress!!!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh oh oh boy how did I miss this?! What wonderful yummy stuff you're sharing here.

And YOU with all the talent. Simply Divine!!!

Big Fan Love, *karendianne.

Ginger Patches said...

Thanks for all the wonderful quilt pictures! Your mystery quilt is looking good! I love that nine patch I have a similar pattern that I've been wanting to make...beautiful job!

Amelia said...

You are the talented one...some stunning works you have shown us.

Enjoy rest of the week..then do something very special this weekend!

Amelia in Oklahoma

MARCIE said...

Doesn't your son have a nice bunch of quilts! My boys really like their quilts too. That really pleases me.

Texan said...

Love all the pics of the quilts :O),,, the baby quilt is adorable!!!!! I am really liking the colors in your orange crush blocks :O)

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Wow, so many lovely things to see here!

antique quilter said...

beautiful quilts.
Love the baby quilt you made , that border fabric is beautiful, love that color red!
oh and the star quilt for your son is fabulous!
Wow does he have a nice collection of quilts.
would love to see the border of his college quilt.
thanks for the quilt show this am!
Kathie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Goodness....what a display, just lovely, thanks for sharing..

Jan said...

What lovely quilts--love each one!

Darcie said...

What a showing...they're just fabulous, Julie!

Mr. Son is quite the fortunate young man. And whomever steals his heart will be the luckiest-in-love in Texas! ;-)

Two more (near) finishes are on their way to you! Can't wait to hear what you think.

Enjoy your day, Julie!

Unknown said...

So many pictures in one post, we are spoiled! And of great quilts at that! I like the scrappy one with the appliqué border especially. Congratulations to your son. Take care.

Val said...

My goodness! I am impressed. I will stop in again soon!

Jeanne said...

You have been very productive! Your quilts are all beautiful and the OC blocks are looking great.

Anne Ida said...

What a wonderful display of blocks and quilts! You do fabulous work!

The Calico Quilter said...

Great show and tell!

Your Orange Crush blocks make me wish I had gotten in on it too. NO--NO--must resist! Too many projects!

Nicole said...

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures! That baby quilt is adorable. You are so talented---what a body of work!

ladydi said...

Wow, Julie, you are amazing - and inspiring! Such gorgeous work, and so kind of you to share it with us.

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Love all the lovely quilt pictures!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...