Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Little Animals!

Well, I have decided to start making Amandajean's Star quilt blocks on her blog Crazymomquilts. Also...I have decided to make Paula's homespun blocks from her blog The quilter. I am going to make as many different eight inch blocks as I can and put them into a sampler quilt. Just have to be a bit different, don't I! But serious, these talented ladies are making such pretty blocks I wanted to join in on both sets!! Sorry for the shadow on the block, but here is my first block. I have more cut out and will do them as time allows. I have also been working on these stitchery blocks. Love them! They just make me smile. I still have to finish the rest of the rainbow on the cows block.
Ane here is another cutie, I just love this dove...



And the rabbits. I made the block too small and put fabric around it, and boy it really shows up in the picture, more than real life! I will probably redo that one.

I am feeling very nervous, don't know why...but I had quite a bit of caffeine today! Better take my blood pressure. :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! We are looking forward to our son graduating from college on Saturday. We are so proud of him we could burst!!
Gratitudes: A wonderful son, amazing husband and time off to spend with them both celebrating graduation this weekend.


18 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Julie, Your work is beautiful. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. You must be so proud of your son. Congratulations to him and to you. Best wishes to him for a very bright and happy future.

*karendianne. said...

Julie, the stitchery! Very cute. I love how it makes you smile. I really get that.

Oh and Karen is very very very in love with the first block for the sampler. I might have to make that particular block maybe. Just one. Maybe.

And super congrats on Graduation.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the graduation, we have dd's to go to next Friday. Love your embroidery blocks. I've printed them out but haven't gotten around to doing them, too many other pans in the fire. Now did you have to say you were going to do the star blocks, I've been trying to avoid them, but they are just so darn cute. I many have to give in to the temptation.

Paula, the quilter said...

We have 4 more blocks in our BOM. I hope someone picks a star block. Most of the blocks can be found on Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache site.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I love your Noah's Ark blocks Julie, I still have to finish the cows. Lovely star block too, I am still thinking if I should join Amanda's quilt-a-long again.

May Britt said...

Yes' aren't those animals cute. I love the cows, made me smile from ear to ear when I stitched them.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great block and your stitcheries look fantastic...

Texan said...

cute cute cute :O)... both will be great projects!

I must do some embroidery,I keep saying I am, even traced off a few designs...just need to pick up the needle and go for it :O)...

Libby said...

Sounds like you are going to have yourself a lovely quilt when you are finished. I am so tempted by the star blocks . . . gotta finish up a few things before I take on another new one *s*

Jan said...

Love all your blocks--especially those cows---they make me smile!!! Congratulations to your son!!!

SuBee said...

That is going to be a great quilt! I love those stitcheries. I'm so glad to see you're making such good use of your time off -- Enjoy!!

Chookyblue...... said...

love all you stitching.......still thinking about Amanda star quilt........

meggie said...

Enjoy your weekend, & celebrations!!

Anonymous said...

il est trés beau le lynette , tu as bien avancé bravo pour ton blog

jacquie said...

Everything is so cute...love those cows too! Enjoy graduation weekend!

Carole said...

Beautiful work! I cannot wait to see the the project finished! Keep well!

Finn said...

Great job on the blocks Julie! I love your stitchery one *VBS*, so very, very sweet and innocent. The star quilt will be spectacular also, I'm sure.
It's fun to make a lot of different blocks.
And belated congrats to you, DH and DS for finishing the college course! Hugs, Finn

Lilly said...

Found your site through Marsha's blog. Your quilting is lovely. I ejoyed browsing through your blog. Your Noah's Ark blocks are so cute. I am doing them also. They are just so much fun to do.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...