Monday, May 9, 2022

Happy Mother's Day!




Good morning to everyone!  Snuggles is having a free applique quilt along.  You can find these patterns here:

Snuggles Quilts – Snuggles Quilts

I made one twice the size, to make a Medalion style quilt.  Although!  The center block is not twice the size as the others.  I will need to put a border around it.  When designing my own setting, I am calling this a design variation, instead of cutting the block too small!  




These blocks are from a scrap bag...and guess what?  I actually bought a BOLT of fabric, background fabric!  That is my big investment...with a 40% coupon from Joann's.  This white fabric is such nice quality, not flimsy muslin; it actually has some weight and body to it!  Love, love!!!  This way I can pair it with all my scraps.  I am really enjoying it!
Rosie had to check out the blocks for accuracy.  This little girl!!!  Blind now, glaucoma, Cushing's disease, diabetes, congestive heart failure, hypertension...she has all of it.  And yet?  She just flirts and prances herself around like there is not a thing in the world wrong with her!


I hope each of you had a nice Mother's Day.  Whether you are a mother of human children, animal kids, or nurture others...I think we are all moms in our own way!


Hope each of you has a lovely day!



Julie
 

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!
I consider a bolt of neutral fabric a necessary purchase!
Lovely to see Miss Rosie prancing around as a quilt inspector :)

Janet O. said...

Your applique blocks are so pretty. Design variation is a very intentional sounding term. For me it is usually more like "designing on the fly". :)
Love your scrap blocks, Julie! They are very happy, scrappy things. I have never bought a whole bolt of fabric, but having a bolt of a nice background fabric sounds like a really good idea.
Hope you had a peaceful Mother's Day!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's always a 'score' when you find nice background fabrics. They are always needed. Pet the puppy for me.

Chookyblue...... said...

looking forward to seeing how your quilt comes together........

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Belated Happy Mother's Day to you ! Have a great week-end - I have been so busy (not quilting) since Sunday! Rest of the month is looking very good for a lot of sewing! Hugs

Lori said...

Design element for sure! Happy belated Mother's Day!

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...