Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Making something new, out of a 90 year old piece of patchwork!


 Good morning, all!!  This year, Lori, of Humble quilts, set out a challenge to us.  Use an old block, and make something out of it!  Lori provided some very old antique blocks to friends at the International Quilt Show, in Houston, I believe.  I had an old block I decided to use, to join in.  


My block was in a scrap bag, and I reworked it into this quilt. I have been enjoying working on this throughout the year.   These little string pieces are from the 1930's...90 years ago.  I hand quilted through each piece, and hand quilting the border.  The rick rack is reminiscent of my mom!!  While Lori's quilts are made from even older blocks, I am very drawn to this piece...I think some feedsack scraps are in here.  It is just fun to create something new, out of something old!  


Please see Lori's blog here, and admire everyone's creativity!


Humble Quilts: 2020 Antique Block Challenge



Hope each of you is having a wonderful day!  Today was pie baking day at my house...so the house smells so good!  Apple and pumpkin pies...yummy!

Julie

15 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Very sweet finish. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Lori said...

The 30's and 40's prints are so joyful! Perfect for our day!
I love it Julie!!

Loris said...

Blessings to you, Julie! I baked my first crust and apple pie today...tasty but needs work ;-) Hugs ((()))

Janet O. said...

That quilt is a smile maker, for sure! It was such a fun idea Lori had for this SAL.
It was pie making day at my house, too. Pumpkin and Pecan--I made a pear crisp yesterday. I just realized all the flavors I made start with the letter "P". What is with that. Maybe I should have made a chocolate cream. :)

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece and a good idea, I have a lot of unused blocks.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The block made an adorable little quilt. I made a pumpkin pie today as well, and my apartment seems divine. Happy Thanksgiving

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a sweet quilt - and how wonderful that you were able to give that block new life. Happy Thanksgiving!

Robin said...

Looks good enough to eat. Pink always makes me hungry - ha! It turned out really cute.

Binsa said...

Such a pretty little quilt

Barb said...

Turned out wonderfully....

Flickenstichlerin said...

It is so cute Julie, wonderful use of the precious old block.

Barb said...

super cute and fun!
Pink is such a happy color

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a sweet finish - and all those memories!! I love it!

logistics service in india said...

top logistics companies in india Logistics is India's 1st marketplace for multi-modal solutions.
top logistics company in india

omgroupco said...

best warehousing companies in india
warehousing companies in india

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...