Monday, August 5, 2019

Dear Jane update!

 I finished this quilt top!!!  Hurrah!  I had always wanted to remake this quilt, lots bigger...wow, did I ever do that.
 The borders were the most fun to make, and the fact that I made the entire quilt from scraps.  I love that part!
 Lori, I just love this block, and I re bordered it.  The pink is very pink is real life...just playing here!
This was an orphan block, so I layered it up and quilted.  YES!  on my domestic machine, and there are no puckers.  Please note this fact down in the record books, please!!





DEAR JANE update.  I did work on it yesterday, but it was cutting all the five inch sashing strips, so nothing photo worthy...but I did accomplish something, anyway.

Please take a look...these quilters are working on Dear Jane, too!




Binsa:  https://cobblestonebridgequiltsnthings.blogspot.com/
Lcrrkhs:  http://lcrrkhs.blogspot.com/   Kathleen
Carole:  http://wheelsonthewarrandytebus.blogspot.com/




Have a great day, all of you!



Julie

11 comments:

Kyle said...

What a incredible finish. Your quilt is made with all of your wonderful scraps.

Tired Teacher said...

The border adds so much to your plaid star quilt. It's a beauty.

Ruth said...

That plaid star quilt with the different sashings is just Gorgeous!!
Congratulations on such a beautiful scrappy quilt!!

Binsa said...

Enjoyed your post Julie how many rows of dj have you joined

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great star quilt!

Loris said...

Your Star Quilt is stunning! I love all the plaids and know what a joy it is to use scraps in a quilt. Lovely work on it and on the other two blocks as well. Your flowers with the pink trim is wonderful.
I finished sewing all the HST's onto the strip squares yesterday and now I can start sewing those squares into blocks! Bigger units will mean faster progress now :-)

Janet O. said...

What a gorgeous scrappy star quilt, Julie!! Love it to bits!
Cute little floral block. Did Lori make it?
Okay--it has been placed in my record book. No puckers! Monumental! :)

KaHolly said...

It came out beautifully, Julie! Keep practicing that FMQ and you’ll be quilting up your scrap beauties in no time! Such a pretty little flower block. Play time is such fun time in the sewing room!

Barb said...

great star quilt!! congrats on the top finish

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I absolutely love that star quilt! So glad to hear you are still working on DJ. Hugs

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your star quilt. And to make it entirely from the fabric you had in hand makes it that much more special.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...