Friday, June 15, 2018

Dearest boy block three

Here is my block number three for the sampler quilt, "Dearest Boy.    I had a great time appliquing this one, but mine does not look quite like the original!  I love the negative space start that was created with the applique pieces.  I really cannot wait to see Cathy's and Karen's renditions of this block!!!!!


You can get the entire pattern HERE.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/593121045/dearest-boy-pattern-book

Please see Cathy's blog, and Karen's blog, to see what they did for this block.


Have a great day!

Julie

16 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your block. Your fabric choices are great. Can't wait for the next block. Hugs

julieQ said...

Fun block to make!

Karen said...

We all went different colorways this time. I like your fussy cut center for the block. Good choice.

Quilter Kathy said...

I look forward to your group project to see the same block made in different ways... very inspiring!

Sewgirl said...

Great block. Thanks for sharing!

sandi s said...

I love your choices in fabric, beautiful! Hugs,

Janet O. said...

So many circles and curves on this block. Makes me nervous just thinking about it. :)
Nice job, Julie!

Kyle said...

It's a fabulous block and you nailed it. I think I like the negative space design too.

Barb said...

I was cute, all 3 three posts were lined up in my bloglovin feed.
Looks great

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I like what you did with your block--looks great! It's so fun to compare the blocks and see how each of you make it your own!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Love your fussy cut centre on this block, looks great!

Lori said...

Darling! It looks fantastic!!

audrey said...

Awesome block! I am loving this quilt!

Binsa said...

Lovely block Julie

julieQ said...

testing

julieQ said...

testing

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...