Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A little bit of everything!!

 Can you imagine a friend, one that makes your paper pieced blocks; knowing that you are just not good at it?  Lyn, my Australian long-time friend, made these for me, for the Splendid Sampler!!!  Lyn, I am honored to feature them in my quilt!!!  Love, love!!  and thank you so very much!!
 I have been in a basket making mood!!  This is a small one for my tubes of hand cream and miscellaneous, for the bathroom.  I got a stabilizer from Joann's which really helped make the basket have some shape.  Hurrah!!
 Are you doing Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt??  Here is my start!!  They are supposed to be neutral scrappy four patches...but hey, you know I have to change it up, LOL!!  So, I made these, and think they will work just fine too!!
 Another basket...this one without the stabilizer.  Not as good, but I did put handles on this one...
And last, but not least!!  Snowmen have shown up at my house!!  They must think Christmas is coming!!!





I always kind of panic around Christmas, on a more serious note...will everyone be happy and fulfilled and the house be just right and the food be perfect and the gifts sublime???


But really?  It is the time we celebrate Jesus' birthday, and I think that is the most important thing to for me to focus on!  So I am taking a deep breath and saying a small grateful prayer!


Onward!!!



Julie

15 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That IS a great friend!! You have a nice start on your four patches. I have yet to do mine.

Leeanne said...

What a super friend! She's a keeper. Loving the snowmen!

Chantal said...

You have such a sweet friend. Her blocks are fabulous. Lucky girl, you! :^D The basket is beautiful. Very well done. The snowmen are already at your door? Haven't seen any up here yet. (Yeah right!!) ;^D Enjoy En Provence! (shht but I made the four-patchs. It's the first time I partic ... hmmm, I mean I just did some 4-patch, lol) ;^)

Rebecca in AK said...

Lyn is such a sweetheart to do those blocks for you! Love your baskets and snowmen too, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi julie Lyn is my good friend as well and I was lucky enough to see your blocks in person,the colours are gorgeous.
I love your baskets too,well done and those snowmen are adorable xx

Vic in NH said...

What a wonderful reminder that Jesus is the reason for the season. Your baskets are dear and good for you to do those 4-patches!

Janet O. said...

What a treasure of a friend!
Cute little baskets you have made.
I love the snowmen. I have a bench full of them at my house, but I just bought them. The only handmade one was made by my sister. : )
Yes, trying to keep the focus on the reason we are celebrating can be tricky at times. But the nativities family and friends have brought me from their travels are spread about my home and they are constant reminders. I am grateful for them.

Binsa said...

Hello Julie, I loved making the blocks for you....gorgeous little baskets.....love love your snowmen.....You are right on for the true reason for celebrating Christmas....hugs Lyn

KaHolly said...

Oh, that Lyn! She's pretty special...and you're pretty lucky! So, what stabilizer did you find at Joann's that worked so well for your basket? XO

Mary Ann said...

I'm doing the newest MQ and surprised myself by already finishing the first quilt, so I will start a second Bonnie Hunter quilt. I will be doing her Jingle Bell block quilt but as a Halloween quilt for my 26 year old daughter. Mary Ann

Lori said...

Returning from my mission trips right before the holidays puts me in a good frame of mind to be still and enjoy.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the snow men, so cute!

Kyle said...

What a wonderful gift from Lyn. It's a great reminder about the season.

Little Penpen said...

Hi Julie; I'm trying to catch up on some blog posts I've missed. I read the post where you ended with missing your nurse friends. I stopped my nursing job in February and have been home since then. I don't really miss work, but boy, do I miss my friends!!! I know what you are saying there... they are like family after all those years. You've been busy and everything is so pretty! Enjoy your holidays!

Karen said...

I am not good at paper piecing either. Love the dress and spool block. How very kind to have a friend make some for you.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...